GS1 Connect 2024 Call for Presentations Application Details & Criteria
GS1 Connect 2024 will include:
- Two days of user stories and industry insights for supply chain optimization
- 7 tracks - Healthcare, Grocery, Retail, Foodservice, Innovation, Standards and Tools, and Tech (click here to learn more about our tracks)
- More than 50 track sessions
- Networking opportunities, How to Do Business With… Sessions, Trading Partner Roundtables, solution provider highlights, GS1 Connect Topic Tours, pre-conference GS1 US University courses, and more!
The Benefits of Speaking Include:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Promotion of name, photo, and company as part of our conference website and other marketing materials
- Access to the speaker green room throughout the conference
Submission Process and Session Criteria
- Your presentation proposal will be considered for a live 30-minute session at GS1 Connect. If your submission is selected, our team will work with you to ensure that your session is developed within these guidelines.
- However, if your presentation proposal is not chosen for this event, there may be other opportunities to share your insights with GS1 US members and customers.
- Since the session length is 30 minutes including audience Q&A, there is a maximum of two speakers. If you are proposing multiple speakers in a session, you are required to identify all speakers in the proposal. Please ensure you have confirmed the availability of the speaker prior to submitting on their behalf.
- Submitters must provide all the below information for their proposed session. It is important to provide all the details so the review committee can clearly understand the importance and purpose of your proposed submission. If you are submitting on behalf of an associate, be sure to include all details for the speaker(s) who plan to present.
- Presentation title and description
- 3 Key Takeaways or Learning Objectives for attendees
- Conference Track (appropriate for your proposed session)
Solution Provider Submissions
- To highlight a service or capability related to the use of GS1 Standards, solution providers are welcome to submit proposals for the Tech and Innovation Tracks.
- However, proposals intended for the Retail, Healthcare, Foodservice, and Grocery industry tracks will only be considered when the session is co-presented with an end-user, such as a manufacturer, distributor, retailer, brand, foodservice operator, or healthcare provider.
Session Review Process
- Applications to speak at GS1 Connect 2024 should be submitted using the online form by December 15, 2023. Each application will be evaluated based on criteria including industry relevance and usefulness of topic to GS1 Standards users and conference attendees.
- Submissions will be reviewed and scored by GS1 US and the GS1 Connect Community Advisory Board.
- All acceptance and rejection letters will be sent between January 29th and February 2nd. If you do not receive a communication after February 2nd, please check your junk/spam mailbox for correspondence from a representative of GS1 US with an email ending @gs1us.org. Then reach out to a member of the conference team at GS1Connect@gs1us.org.
- If your session is not accepted, you could be asked to present within a different format for GS1 US. Please make sure to indicate your interest on your submission proposal.
Terms and Conditions
All accepted speakers will be required to sign our GS1 US Speaker Agreement as well as complete the conference registration process. You will receive a welcome email from: GS1ConnectSpeakers@gs1us.org that will include key details and instructions on how to register for the speaker information site. You will be prompted to accept the speaker agreement upon beginning your registration.
Speaker Information Site
If accepted, you will be given a link to the speaker information site. This provides one central location for all conference details, key dates/deadlines, session information, and resources for downloading including presentation guidelines, speaker tips, etc. You will also be asked to upload your speaker bio and headshot by April 12, 2024, to populate our online agenda and website.
We take confirmations seriously. If a confirmed speaker cancels at the last minute, we unfortunately will not be able to work with that individual for future events. We do understand emergencies happen and we will evaluate on a case-by-case basis.